Water treatment is an essential part of the 21st century. Lots of impurities are present in the water that can create serious health injuries. Thus water treatment is essential for both drinking water and regular tap water. Specially treated water is effective for various usages.
Thus modern water softener manufacturers try to introduce a unique technology that is effective for treating hard water. The water softener for bathroom is one of the most useful things in the modern household.
What is the Uniqueness Of Water Hardness?
Hard water has high attentiveness of magnesium and calcium ions. These ions enter a water source by leaching from minerals. Common calcium-containing minerals are gypsum and calcite.
- A common magnesium mineral is dolomite that contains calcium. Distilled water and rainwater are soft because of the presence of few ions. Groundwater is mainly an example of hard water because this water has a direct connection with minerals. Surface water such as lakes, rivers, and streams is generally soft because of the presence of low minerals
- Hard water doesn’t create huge health problems, but it can cause serious plumbing problems. It can cause a breakdown in suds formation of laundry and bathing. The ion exchange process can easily remove calcium and magnesium ions during the water softener process
- Water hardness is measured by calcium and magnesium ions.
The Uniqueness Of Water Softener
Eliminating the water hardness from regular water is called water softening. In the water softener process, the ion exchange process is performed. A water softener for overhead tanks has unique components for unique purposes. This tank has negatively charged ions for removing the hard contaminants.
Maximum water softeners have an automatic regenerating system for making soft water. Several techniques are available in the market that is useful for the water softening process; when enough water passes through the mineral tank, sodium beads regenerate the water softener machine.
In some machines, reserve resin capacity is available to make soft water available during the recharging process. The control unit measures the water usage capacity. The brine tank is a storage tank of the water softener for bathroom for sodium chloride or potassium chloride.
Water Softener Cycle
The several water softener cycles are as follows-
- Water enters the water softener tank and passes through the ion exchange with sodium ions in the water softening cycle. This procedure continues till the resin becomes saturated and depleted of sodium ions.
- During the regeneration cycle, brine is passed through the resin tank. At this stage, the sodium ion is exchanged.
- Water hardness measures the total concentration of iron, aluminum, and magnesium. These levels may be different for different locations.
Benefits of Having A Water Softener
Having a water softener for bathroom at your home is essential for the following reasons-
- Soft water has a huge mineral presence that is essential for maintaining the pipeline in good condition. It will help you maintain the dishwasher, laundry machine, coffee machine, and water heater in good condition for a long time.
- Using a water softener can prevent the adverse effect of hard effect hard water on your laundry machine and dishwasher.
- A water softener may lower your electric bill by preventing pipe damage. When water gets enough space to pass through, it may reduce the electricity bill.
- Soft water can be extremely beneficial for your skin and hair. It can help you to maintain the natural oil of your skin. Thus soft water is beneficial for regular bathing. Soft water can maintain the natural pH balance of your hair than hard water.
- Soft water is beneficial for maintaining the clothes’ fabric. Soft water dissolves into clothes easily than hard water. Thus it requires less detergent than hard water.
- Water softener for overhead tank requires less cleaning time.
The Buying Process Of Water Softener
Here are the essential factors that will help you to understand the price of the water softener for overhead tanks
- The size and number of your room and bathroom play a vital role in choosing the water softner. If you have more bathrooms, you require a large-sized water softener.
- The installation cost of the water softener is a vital factor. Some manufacturers charge fewer amounts for installing the water softener with the newly installed pipe.
- Some water softener contains UV feature that is essential to treat the tap water in a unique way.
- Periodic servicing charge of the water softener is essential. Some manual water softeners for bathroom require yearly servicing to maintain the water softener in good condition for a long time.
From the above information, one can understand the usefulness of choosing the right water softener for overhead tanks from authentic manufacturers.