A machine used to clean and remove the thin layer of potatoes is known as the peel. The machine is categorized as a vegetable cleaning machine, which means it does not only used to clean and peel potatoes only but also clean and peel other vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, yam, and kiwi.
This article will expound on what to consider before purchasing the machine.
There are three types of machine
- Brush Roller Type
- Screw and Brush Roller Type
- Emery Drum Type
Brush Roller Type
- This type of machine applies the brush roller washing principle.
- It is equipped with nine pieces of roller brushes to suit different vegetables and fruits. It can be soft nylon brushes, stiff nylon bushes, or emery rollers.
- It has a spraying nozzle for washing, and the direction is continuously adjusted.
- It is made with wheels to make it easy to move.
- The timer is added from the settings always to notify the user when it is done.
- The machine is simple, user-friendly, and easy to install and operate.
- A tray for collecting waste-water is always added to aid in discharging waste and water.
- Adding VFD and control panel can adjust the brush speed per your need.
- It is made up of high-quality grade 304 stainless steel.
Screw and Brush Roller Type
- They have different shapes and brush rollers for processing different types of materials.
- The controller motor for speed is called the Siemens motor.
- Time and washing speed are adjusted as per your need.
- The cover is added to avoid accidents and enhance safety operation
- It has a water tray to allow discharging of waste
- A timer is added to give notice when the work is done
- For easy loading or discharging of waste
Emery Drum type
Emery potato peeling machine uses grinding and rotation technology to wash and peel potatoes.
- User-friendly and easy to operate.
- the made machine is made up of 304 stainless steel
- It is ideal for business start-ups
- It cost-effective
- It gives superior quality without damaging the final product
- The waste is automatically discharged.
How the potato machine works
- Potato is put in a washing tank aided by lifting devices
- The cleaning and peeling process begins
- Wash pipe discharge the waste
- After the work is done, the finished product is discharged.
This machine applies to hotels, restaurants, canteens, school institutions, fries businesses, food processing industries, and supermarkets.
Elements to consider before purchasing the machine
The machine should be able to handle the potatoes gently without breaking them.
Continuous operation capability
Due to long production cycles with a high production volume, go for a machine that can handle the work, thus will save you the storage cost and reducing holding time.
Easy to clean
Potato processing equipment should be easy to clean; this will help the business person to avoid
Food safety issues and contamination.
The flexibility of the machine.
Your machine should be able to handle changes in future
Go for a machine that will give you enough service without breakages.
Industrial machines require regular maintenance there; it is advisable to go for the affordable one.
This machine simplifies the work; I recommend that vendors invest in it.