What does it mean to really live a better life? Many tend to associate a better life with being rich. But having a better life does not mean living in the most comfortable social environment. Is about living a quality life, with enough time dedicated to yourself, so you can feel fulfilled. Change your habits and create a better life for you!
1. Create a morning ritual
The way you start your day will affect the rest of your day. You will not always feel good, rested, full of energy, but there are some things you can do to change that feeling:
- Your mobile phone is not the most important thing. You are the most important thing in your life! Therefore, the phone should not be the first thing you grab when you wake up. Take a moment to wake up properly. Go to the bathroom, wash your face and breathe deeply. Those are the first minutes of the rest of your day. Look at the phone after you had your first sip of coffee.
- Coffee is perfect in the morning, but it should not be the first thing you drink. After you brush your teeth, drink a glass of water. If you like you can put some lemon in it. This way you rehydrate and help reactivate your whole body.
- If you are a coffee person, the first coffee of the day will make you feel better. The smell, taste, and warmth of coffee have an aphrodisiac effect. You will feel relaxed and happy.
- Think positive – focus on the good things in your life. Do it for about 2-3 minutes and negative thoughts will be removed. You will see, doing that for several days, will make you feel like winning the big prize at the best India casino.
- Eat if you feel hungry. Eat a healthy small breakfast. Breakfast is not mandatory, but if you are hungry try to eat healthy things that make you feel good.
- Smile looking in the mirror and boost yourself up. You don’t have to look like a model, you just have to feel good, embrace your look. If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, brush your hair once again, put on a little perfume, and smile. The smile is the best natural makeup ever!
2. Follow the 80/20 rule
Have you ever heard about the 80/20 rule? If not, we’ll explain it to you. The 80/20 rule is also called the Pareto Principle- named after the economist Vilfredo Pareto. Shortly it states that for many phenomena 80% of the result comes from 20% of the effort. Originally, the Pareto principle referred to the distribution of wealth. But it can be applied to a wide variety of contexts. The 80/20 rule is typically presented from the business perspective only. To maximize your action’s efficiency you should focus on the vital 20% of your activity. It does not mean the remaining 80% can be ignored, it may just require less focus.
If you have a list of things to do, each task being equally time-consuming, you can focus your efficiency by completing just 20 % of your top-priority tasks. Is better to have 2 things well done out of 10, than to have all tasks poorly accomplished. You can maximize your efficiency by limiting the amount of time you spend accomplishing a task.
3. Read, read, read
Intelligence involves activities that improve your brain functions. Reading is such an activity, recognized as a method that helps brain cells live longer.
This is why you should read more:
- Reading is a very good exercise for your brain. It is also the best exercise for your imagination. A well-developed imagination can help you be more creative. Being creative means you can have original ideas at your job, you can be inventive and practical at the same time.
- Reading is also good for your emotional intelligence. You will be able to connect better with people, understand other people and better receive negative feedback.
- You learn new interesting things that will prepare you for new experiences.
- You can avoid failure by reading about other people’s life experiences.
4. Learn to single-task
If you are frustrated that you start things that you can finish, you are not the only one with focus problems. There are lots of things that distract you like your phone, laptop, TV, radio, and other people. For example, you find yourself working on a report, a mail comes in, you open the mail, read it and answer it. You have already lost your attention from the report you’re working on. The same happens with household chores. You are washing your dishes, and in the meantime, you start cleaning the oven. Then you go back to washing the dishes and you remember you didn’t finish taking the clothes out of the washing machine. After an hour of hard work, you will realize you have not accomplished one single task.
The rule is simple: learn to single-task. Focus on a single task for 25 minutes, then take a 5-minute break. Learn to forget about your phone. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook can ruin your deadlines. So, the best thing to do is to turn off your notifications on your phone.
5. Appreciate more
Positive emotions like happiness, joy, love, excitement, and gratitude make us feel good. Negative emotions are difficult and painful. It is very important to focus on positive feelings. If you appreciate the good things in life, you learn to focus on your qualities and skills. Identify your best qualities and use them to become a better person. Learn to appreciate every single day, be grateful for your health, your family, and your friends. If you can find one thing you can be thankful for, every day, your life will be better.
Exercise has great physical benefits! It will help you improve mentally and emotionally.
- First of all, it is the best way to take care of yourself. If you exercise at least 3 times a week your body will look good and feel better.
- You will become more organized and ambitious
- Your self-esteem will increase because you will look, feel better, and people will not hesitate to make compliments
- Sport increases life expectancy because it has a beneficial effect on longevity
- It is an effective remedy for insomnia. If you sleep better your life quality is better. You can think and act more efficiently.
Changing your life for the better is in your power! If you feel overwhelmed, depressed, and if you are not happy with your life, it is important to make some changes. You do not need to invest lots of money to live a better life, you just need to make better decisions. Change your bad habits one by one and embrace new productive ones.