Every car owner usually faces corrosion from time to time. In some cases, it becomes impossible to eliminate corrosion using traditional methods like hot welding. It can happen due to various factors like the thickness of the metal on some parts that do not allow welding. For these cases, you can use a bumper repair kit, glass mat or contact car service at doorstep in Delhi, who will come to the rescue of the car enthusiast.
The process of removal of the car corrosion in the affected area requires special care from the owner’s side. Some fundamental rules for removing rust:
- If your car has small patches of rust, you can use ordinary sandpaper to fix the affected area. It will also help you avoid damage to the paint and varnish surface;
- It is essential to take your car for periodical anti-corrosion treatment of the bottom and other most vulnerable places of the car;
- You can also restore your car to its original form with means that have a good reputation and seek help from trusted car mechanics in Delhi;
- If you have recently removed rust from your car’s body, it is best to paint it over immediately. It will help you avoid the spread of rust around the entire perimeter;
- Make a habit of diagnosing the entire underbody and hard-to-reach places in the car twice a month.
According to car working standards, an owner can easily avoid corrosion and other mechanical malfunctions.
All metals corrode or simply rust. It appears due to the oxidation of metals under the influence of the natural environment. The primary cause for its presence is damage to the paint of the car.
The rate of growth of corrosion depends on the environmental condition and the condition of the body itself. For example, in the monsoon season, the rate of spread of corrosion is very high.
It is much easier to fight rust at the early stage than with multiple “mushrooms”, where the metal is almost corroded.
You can easily notice the appearance of corrosion with your own eyes by watching the swelling of the paintwork. These spots should be immediately treated with anti-corrosion solutions and smoothed out. If you are not able to fix it by yourself you can always call a car service centre in Delhi for doorstep repair.
The areas enduring the greatest mechanical stress are most susceptible to the formation of rust. These places include:
- Thresholds – these are one of the first ones to suffer from corrosion;
- Hood – small pebbles due to the working of car can provoke the appearance of numerous chips;
- Arches under the wheels – These parts of a car are regularly affected by aggressive elements.
Corrosion removal methods
Corrosion in cars can be eliminated using following methods:
Mechanical – This method is used for strong cases of corrosion. It involves removing corrosion by stripping metals, accompanied by priming, puttying and painting the repaired area of the car body;
Advantages of the mechanical method:
- Eliminates large and deep stains
- Remove rust under swollen paint
- Availability of the necessary materials and their low cost.
Chemical Solutions – This method incorporated the use of corrosion removers. Today, such reagents are widely available on the market, and you can buy them from anywhere.
Advantages of this method:
- Elimination of corrosion in hard-to-reach places.
- Higher process speed.