When it comes to decorating the space, outdoor lighting plays a vital role as interior lighting. But, many homeowners do not pay closer attention to outdoor lighting. It minimizes the value and aesthetic of the property very much. The fashionable and functional exterior lighting matches well with your home’s design.
So, you have to look for the proper outdoor lighting for sale online. Then, using the best exterior fixture, you will create the illuminated and beautiful outdoor space. But, unfortunately, many people do not know how to choose the proper outdoor lighting. So, in this guide, you will get to know everything about exterior lighting.
Things you should be aware of
When looking at the outdoor lighting for sale, you should pay attention to the size because it matters a lot in delivering the effective result. Always go with the size of the light that blends perfectly with your surroundings. On the other hand, it should not be too small or too big because it ruins your home’s appearance and style. To pick up the right size, follow these guidelines carefully.
- Measure the height of the surrounding décor, such as windows and doors
- The light should be about 1/3 or 1/4 the size of the nearby décor
- The outdoor light must appear about 1/2 size when you are about 50feet away from your home.
Mismatching the color is another way to ruin your home’s outdoor design. Choosing tones and hues, which do not complement your wall will make the color clash. The clashing colors will make the exterior look flashy. Always look for the complementing colors because it helps bring harmony in your home’s exterior.
For example, use the black or pewter outdoor light for the blue painted walls. Contrary to this, install the fixture with gold and bronze details for the walls painted with earthy and warm colors. In simple words, it is necessary to pick up the color that fits your property theme.
Picking up the right lighting fixture style is mandatory to create the visual you want in the outdoor. Make sure the style you choose produces the visual appeal to your home’s exteriors. If your home has the modern and contemporary look, pick up the fixture delivering modern aesthetics. For classic appeal, you can go with vintage lighting fixtures. You can purchase transitional lights if you want to create something in between traditional and modern lighting.
Significant types of outdoor lighting
Choosing the right outdoor lights is quite challenging, especially when you do not know much about your requirement. Keep in mind that many outdoor lighting fixtures are accessible in the market. You should get enough knowledge about the various types of lights, and thus the selection process becomes more manageable. Here is the list of the popular outdoor lighting types.
- Post lights
- Wall lights
- Hanging and ceiling lights
- Landscape lights
- Security lights
- hot water bottle
Mistakes to avoid
Homeowners look at the outdoor lighting for sale and purchase it for several reasons. The best outdoor lighting makes it much safer and easier for people to find the best way to safeguard their property from intruders and increase its aesthetic appeal. Since it makes a massive difference in the way your outdoor looks, you will save more money in spending multiple items in decorating the outdoor.
Besides, it lets the owners make the most of their outdoor living space during the sunset. However, when you fail to install the outdoor lighting properly, you will never enjoy these benefits. Look at below to know the major mistakes to avoid.
- Focusing on the lighting fixtures instead of the light. You will find tons of gorgeous lights in the online store, but it is necessary to purchase the right one as per your property’s requirements.
- Avoid placing too many lights in a single area. Many homeowners end up overlighting in the yard. It results in the lopsided and unbalanced look. It does not make your space look appealing. The exterior light you choose should be aesthetically appealing and offering enough protection.
- Homeowners are not well-versed in the different lighting techniques and fixtures. It makes them overuse a single lighting feature and technique. It results in getting a dull and unbalanced look.
If you are still unable to choose the proper outdoor lighting, get assistance from the professional. They will suggest the right solution to your home’s exterior.