Hydropower is the power or force caused by the flow of water. Hydropower has been exploited for hundreds of years. Hydropower is clean energy. Does not emit toxic gas
Everything in the world has energy together. Nothing without energy Water too, has energy. and water was everywhere.
Note : ติดตั้งโซล่าเซลล์ – Sumitrapower is a leader in clean energy, solar cells and alternative energy that produces electricity from solar energy. Using a new technology micro inverter system, which is economical, safe and highly efficient. Can be installed on residential roof areas office building roof industrial roof Including other areas, both on land and water.
And there are a lot of them because 3/4 of the Earth’s surface is water, so if humans have enough potential, they will be able to draw energy from water for a long time. Bringing energy from water to use will use the method of irrigating or storing water on high ground so that the water has a lot of potential energy. Time will bring the potential energy of the water to use. will cause the potential energy of the water to be transformed into kinetic energy due to the gravitational pull of the earth. Water energy is clean energy. It doesn’t have much negative impact on the environment. The use of hydropower generally requires the construction of dams in parallel. for the water to have high potential energy When letting the water flow down to the bottom will allow this amount of water to capture the turbine to turn the generator to generate electrical energy In addition to the energy being used to generate electricity, there are also other uses such as agriculture, fishery in the reservoir, etc.
Water is renewable because it receives thermal energy from the sun. The solar energy heats the core and turns it into a rising steam. When the steam mass hits the cold, it turns into liquid again. and fall due to the gravitational pull of the earth Taking advantage of water energy It does this by converting the kinetic energy of water flowing from a height into electricity. The equipment used for this replacement is High-velocity water turbines pass through pipes and transmit kinetic energy into the turbine. which will spin to drive another generator in the present
Energy from well known water sources is generally
1) water energy flowing in the pipe
2) Tidal energy
3) wave energy
H1 Hydroelectric Power Plant
If we go to a forest with a waterfall We’ve probably see a water wheel. The waterfall has energy and is able to work. From this simple working principle, someone has applied it to a large generator used to produce electricity in a hydroelectric power plant.
Hydroelectric power plant is a power plant that uses the energy of natural water. by using the kinetic energy of the water that flows from high to low To turn the turbine to cause the coil in the spindle of the generator to intersect with the magnetic field around the spindle. The intersection of the coil with the magnetic field causes an electric current to flow in the coil.
The electric current generated in the winding of the generator is usable. by pulling the electricity generated in the coil out and sending it out to people’s houses To send electricity over long distances, the electricity coming out of the generator must be converted to high voltage electricity. Because high voltage electricity will lose less energy than low voltage electricity. And if the electricity is sent very far, it will be converted to 500,00 volts of electricity (this is the highest voltage used in Thailand).
due to inability to control the flow of water in rivers and streams. But if a huge water storage dam is built this time, it will be able to control the flow of water in the river. In addition, it is also a water storage for agricultural use as well.
Planning for dams and reservoirs
Planning must try to make the best use of the area where the dam or reservoir is built. By studying and exploring the maximum capacity of water sources as follows
1) Topography has a suitable topography and has sufficient cost water sources A dam built to block natural rivers between valleys or high hills to contain water on the north side of the dam. Causing reservoirs of different sizes, called “water storage dams”, this stored water can be brought out through the building at the dam whenever desired. The area within the drawn line is the area that will be the reservoir in the future when the dam is completed.
2) Hydrology and Meteorology Simply put, the location of the dam must be a location with abundant water and abundant rainfall.
3) Geology and Foundations The foundation and stability of the dam depend on geological information to select the location of the dam wall. in order for the dam to be stable and strong enough to support the weight and water pressure Including being able to withstand vibrations from earthquakes
4) Environmental Impact: Every dam when built, the environment must certainly change. The people of the country would have to choose that. Between building a dam and not building a dam, which one is more beneficial to the country as a whole?