Abu Dhabi is rich in unique and magnificent destinations, which makes it one of the world’s best places to visit. It also offers one-of-a-kind experiences that people of all ages will surely enjoy.
But if you are a theme park or sports enthusiast looking for thrilling adventures, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi must be on your itinerary. This indoor amusement park features some of the world’s best rides and attractions, including the best shows in Abu Dhabi.
Here is a list of the things you should not miss at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi to ensure a worthwhile vacation with your loved ones.
1. Enjoy the rides and attractions
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is home to numerous Ferrari-themed rides that can distort your face with speed. From riding the world’s fastest rollercoaster to sharpening your driving and racing skills, here are the high-speed joyrides and superb attractions you must enjoy at the park.
- Formula Rossa – Experience speed not found anywhere else in the world by hopping on the Formula Rossa. Popularly known as the fastest rollercoaster in the world, this ride will take you at a top speed of 240 km/h along the 2.2-kilometer course. It starts with a hydraulic launch having a similar speed to that which sends a plane zooming from an aircraft carrier into the sky. Strap in, wear your goggles, and experience thrills throughout the circuit. Nothing could give you more serious bragging rights than experiencing this ride now.
- Formula Rossa Junior – Your kids can also experience the thrill and joy of riding a fast rollercoaster with this miniature version of Formula Rossa, which can reach a speed of up to 45 km/h.
- Flying Aces – Besides the world’s fastest rollercoaster, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also houses the world’s highest rollercoaster. Flying Aces will take you as high as 63 meters at an overwhelming 51-degree incline at a speed of 120 km/h.
- Fiorano GT Challenge – Hop on a Ferrari F430 Spider, turn up the engine and race against your family and friends with the Fiorano GT Challenge. Experience an actual drag race as you launch away from the twisting parallel tracks and reach a speed of 95 km/h.
- Scuderia Challenge – If you prefer a racing simulator, nothing beats hopping onto the Scuderia Challenge. Discover what you’re made of by racing against record lap times with different Ferraris by yourself or with your loved ones. These thrilling racing simulations offer a high level of realism that you won’t find in any arcade, engaging your body in action.
- Speed of Magic – This state-of-the-art simulator is another attraction you should not miss in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Nello will take you on a marvelous trip through a 4D fantasy dreamscape, venturing into the ocean’s depths and flying along cliffs. This simulation technology allows you to experience dynamic changes in temperature, light, movement, and moisture. It will bring all your senses to life as you experience places where no Ferrari has ever been before.
- Karting Academy – This is the first electric go-kart circuit in the region where you can sharpen your racing skills by driving around a 290-meter-long track. You can earn racing stripes and leave feeling like a real drift champion. But you have to be in the park in time to sign up for this timed attraction.
- Bell’ Italia– Take a scaled-down drive around the miniature versions of Italy’s famous landmarks in a small-scale Ferrari 250 California from 1958. Take a tour around the replicas of the Monza racetrack, Portofino and the Amalfi Coast, Venezia, and of course, the Colosseum di Roma.
- Turbo Tower – Enjoy the spectacular aerial view of the park with this new ride that stands at 13.5 meters. Designed for children and adults, the Turbo Tower allows you to experience a zero-gravity fall and bouncing drops that will keep your hearts racing.
- Junior Grand Prix – Hone your kid’s racing skills by allowing them to get behind one of the scaled-down Ferrari F1 racing cars. After watching a Junior Grand Prix educational film, they will be instructed by experts before hitting the track.
2. Watch shows
If you need a break from the thrilling rides and attractions, check out the show in Cinema Maranello, the park’s mini cinema. Watch Coppa di Sicilia, which reveals how Enzo Ferrari took his motoring dream to life.
You may also visit the park during a special event, wherein you can watch performances or shows featuring a lot of music and great dancing at the plaza.
Moreover, keep an eye out for the park’s lovable characters, including Berto, Benno, and other furry friends, and don’t miss taking a picture with them.
Replenish your energy and grab a bite in some of the park’s featured dining options. These include:
- Mamma Rosella – This is a place where you can enjoy the real taste of Italy. It is the first diner in the entire Middle East to serve authentic Neapolitan Pizza. It is also famous for its pasta dishes and pizzas made fresh in their traditional wood-burning ovens.
- Espresso Rosso – This is an authentic Italian café offering coffee complimented with a wide selection of Italian pastries. Their house-made gelato is also a must-try.
- Il Podio – Enjoy a variety of cuisines in this diner, which is modeled after the staff refectory in the Ferrari Factory in Maranello. In addition to Italian delicacies, they also serve Arabic, Indian, and Continental dishes. And for your dessert, choose from their range of sweets.
- Officers Food Quarters – This is the best place to grab a quick bite before getting on another thrilling ride. The recommended dishes to order include sandwiches, pizzas, burgers, and their best-selling shawarmas.
Looking for authentic Ferrari merchandise? Ferrari World Abu Dhabi houses the largest Ferrari Store in the world where you can browse and buy genuine and limited-edition merchandise, jewelry, toy cars, clothes, and memorabilia.
You can also check out the Ferrari Past and Present Store for more exciting goods.
Thrills await at Ferrari World
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is indeed one of the best theme parks in the world, featuring a collection of thrilling rides and attractions, authentic Italian cuisine, Ferrari merchandise, and a show that depicts the evolution of race car technology.
So if you are heading to Abu Dhabi, make sure to spend a day or two at Ferrari World. And while you are in Yas Island, check out other things to do, such as exploring the Marina Circuit, Etihad Arena, and Yas Beach.